pricing / fees
- $0 Free Week Intro Special (For Local Residents to YP locations / begins upon purchase)
- $49 | New Student Introductory Offer: One Month of Unlimited Yoga (begins upon class attendance)
- $15 | Drop In Single Class
- $10 | Student-Teacher-Service*** Drop In Single Class
- $100 | Block of 10 Classes | Individual*
- $80 | Student-Teacher-Service*** Block of 10 Classes | Individual*
- $125 | One Month Unlimited Classes | Individual
- $449 | Six Month Unlimited Classes | Individual
- $799 | One Year Unlimited Classes | Individual
- $69/mo | Monthly Unlimited w/ Auto Renew (12 Month Commitment) | Individual**
- $99/mo | Monthly Unlimited w/ Auto Renew (Three Month Commitment) | Individual**
- $80/mo | Monthly Unlimited Student-Teacher-Service*** w/ Auto Renew | Individual**
- $175/mo | Monthly Unlimited Family w/ Auto Renew | Family**
- $100 | One Hour Private Lesson
- $125 | One Hour Semi Private Lesson
*Individual classes and Block of 10 Classes have a one year expiration. All sales are final, no refunds or transfers allowed for class purchases.
**Monthly Auto Renew – The monthly amount will be charged to your credit or debit card the same day every month. The $69/mo option is a 12 month minimum commitment. The $99/mo option is a three month minimum commitment, meaning you have the option to cancel after three months if needed with a 30 day notice via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The monthly billing will continue until you choose to cancel. See our Cancelation Policy Here. Family is defined as spouse/partner and dependent children.
***Persons to receive this discount are full time students, full time school teachers employed with any school district or university and all full time police officers, firemen and military personnel (must show ID or badge).
Membership Benefits = 15% discount on most retail items (mats, towels, bottles, clothes, etc), free guest passes for new clients, and discounts on select programs and workshops. Ask for details in person. Members are people who have Monthly Unlimited “Auto-Renew” Memberships.
Are you a beginner to yoga? Are you looking for Beginner Yoga Instruction? Yoga Project studios is one of the best places to learn the basics of yoga and is a great place to start a yoga practice. We have beginners to yoga starting everyday in all our YP Studio locations. We have lots of Beginner Yoga information on the page and also additional information on our Yoga for Beginners page.
- Our classes are centered around the practice of mindfulness. The breath and body cues are designed to cultivate your ability to shift your attention out of “busy thoughts” and into the present moment. It is overwhelmingly scientifically proven that the practice of mindfulness affects your overall health in many beneficial ways.
- If you have any injuries or physical conditions that will influence your practice, please let us know so we can offer advice.
- Place your mat in the middle of the room so you can see people in front and back of you for help in postures.
- Grab a block and a strap.
- Make sure you have water and a large towel.
- Allow yourself to ease in as needed. You’ve already taken the hardest step getting to class, now have patience with yourself.
- You DO NOT have to do every pose. Each class you will be able to do more and more.
- We practice vinyasa which means flow. Postures are linked together with breath. We often transition from one pose to the next with “chaturanga (low push-up), up-dog, down-dog.” A good way to modify if you need to back off is to just go straight to down dog while skipping the low push-up and up-dog.
- Drink water as needed.
- If you feel like you need a break, it’s very important to not leave the room if at all possible. Leaving the room cools your body quickly which makes it harder to come back in and re-adjust. Simply sit/lie down or take child’s pose and breathe with the class. Join back in as you can.
- If you have any questions about the practice or individual postures, please do not hesitate to ask an instructor.
- Make a schedule for yourself and stay committed. 2-3 times per week will bring results. 5-6 times per week will be life transforming.
What will this practice do for me?
This practice is designed to bring your body & mind back towards balance. Sometimes this means increased flexibility, sometimes increased strength. Weight loss will happen with a regular practice if this is what your body needs. If you are an athlete, this type of yoga practice helps reduce your likelihood for injury as well as increase your ability to focus with breath. Many athletes describe the experience as being able to more clearly decipher between mind chatter and simple body sensation which leads to more stamina, speed and strength. Folding, stretching, bending and twisting also typically have a beneficial effect on digestion and lymph flow.
Because we emphasize yoga as a mindfulness practice, there are many other benefits that might result. Mindfulness practices are scientifically proven to lower blood pressure & heart rate as well as balance blood glucose levels. There is even evidence of actual measurable changes in the brain leading to clearer thinking and action taking. Many of our students have eventually gotten off of medication for high blood pressure, diabetes, anxiety & depression. You might even have softer, shinier eyes and skin!
What kind of yoga do we do?
We share the ancient practices of yoga, meditation & mindfulness in a modern accessible way. We believe that yoga should be accessible to everyone, no matter what your beliefs. Our practice is a combined system of physical movement, breath and mindfulness. Since we opened in 2005 we have been in a continual state of evolution with what we teach. Our practices include an intelligent approach to postural alignment which embraces individual uniqueness.
Yoga Foundation Classes: This class is designed as a "Yoga for Beginners" class or those wanting more instruction. Throughout the class instructors will assist you into the proper pose alignments that work best for you. Also you'll get opportunities to ask questions and learn why we do certain things throughout the practice. You will learn the basics to Vinyasa Flow and Sun Salutations. Expect short workshop moments where demonstrations are done and questions are asked. Everyone is welcome and everyone can do this practice. Classes will be gently heated to 85F.
One Hour Power Classes: Be prepared to sweat! This heated vinyasa power flow class is designed to help you get the most out of your one hour class with a heated sweaty yoga flow. Classes will be heated to 92-95F.
All Levels Classes: Be prepared to sweat! Our "All Levels" classes is a heated Power Vinyasa Class open to everyone regardless if your a beginner or experienced. The instructor will help each student find their own sweet spot by offering variations and modifications. Classes will he heated to 92-95F.
Slow Flow Classes: This class is designed to help you step out of automatic ways of moving and to investigate your body and breath in new ways. We utilize breath work along with unique flow & movement. This class is great for beginners or those that are looking for less "low-pushup" emphasis. Classes will be heated to 85 degrees.
Express Flow: This class is our signature "All Levels" class but condensed into 45 mins so you can get in and out to start your day.
Strength 45™ Classes: Strength 45™ is a fusion of Hot Yoga, Hot Pilates, Mindfulness, Pranayama, HIIT Training & Intelligent Strengthening. This is not a yoga class, although we use many elements from the practice for warm-up and finish. What makes it different? We have incorporated aspects of strengthening that we think are most often neglected yet vital for over-all functional wellness. S45 classes are also designed to take you through intervals of HR increase for cardiovascular health. Breathing exercises and mind focus training are also incorporated for a total mind-body fitness workout in 45 minutes. There are no high impact moves and varying levels with modifications will be offered for all exercises. All levels are welcome (beginners and advanced). Strength 45™ was created and developed by the Yoga Project.
Yin: This is a therapeutic practice that incorporates the principles of Chinese medicine and meridian theory. Long holds, mostly floor work targeting the low back, hips and pelvis, this session is equivalent to a massage and an acupuncture session! This practice is not heated. All levels welcome (beginners and advanced).
What if I Can’t Do All The Poses?
Do what you can. So many times in life we focus on the things we can’t do until they become roadblocks for what we can do. Take it one day at a time, one breath at a time and focus on what you can do.
Take Care of Yourself
The number one thing to remember is to take care of yourself. If it doesn’t feel right then modify and adjust until you get there. We will teach you to feel your body and listen to your intuition to do what’s right for you.
- Modify – Every pose has a modification and it’s always there if you need it.
- Child’s Pose – This is a resting pose designed for you to reset and come back into your breath. This pose is always there for you and no one will be counting how many time you come here.
- Hydrate – Please make sure you drink plenty of fluids before and after class. A few common signs of dehydration can be chills, muscle cramps, and headaches.
What should I wear?
Women: Something that you feel comfortable moving, stretching and sweating in. A stretchy fitness pant (stay away from fleece and wind pants) and a tank top that won’t fall while upside down in poses like downward facing dog. If wearing shorts, only choose fitted leg ones as a running type of short will not be comfortable. We practice bare foot.
Men: Light weight tee shirt or tank, shorts, swim trunks or a fitness pant that is not heavy. Short running shorts are uncomfortable for this type of practice.
What if I don't have a mat?
No worries! Your first visit we'll make sure you have all the equipment you need. We rent great nonslip yoga mats for $2. In fact, if you don’t own a mat and you’re not sure what kind to buy, we recommend you rent a mat from us and we’ll help you find the right mat for you. At our studios we sell high quality mats and towels to create a non-slip, comfortable yoga experience.
The First Step is Showing Up
Often times, just showing up to your first yoga class can be quite intimidating. We acknowledge you for making the decision to give it a try! Be patient and give yourself time to acclimate. This practice is challenging and it’s probably unlike anything your body is used to doing. Be gentle on yourself and ease your way in. After a few times, you will become more accustomed to it. The sooner you come back in and the more consistent you are with the practice, the more natural it becomes for your body. After your first class come back in and give it another try, sooner rather than later! To really see and feel a difference in your life come at least three times per week!
How To Guarantee Your Success
Be willing to embrace being a beginner. You don’t have to get this right. As a matter of fact, the more you allow yourself to ease in and only do what you can at first, the more guaranteed your commitment to the practice. It is not only okay, but encouraged to skip certain parts of the sequence if needed. For instance, sun salutations are done towards the beginning of the class and we move one pose to one breath. This can move too quickly sometimes for beginners, the trick is to skip parts of the flow as needed. Later in the class we move on to longer pose holding, instead of just switching from one side to the next, we always return to a flow of chaturanga (low pushup), upward facing dog to downward dog, then change to other side. You can certainly just change sides as others flow through or just do a portion of the flow, for example just go back to down dog then change sides, skipping the low pushup and up dog. It is all customizable to fit just right! You just have to be willing. You also can’t care what it looks like. The true practice exists in your breath. Each pose is just another place to find your way back to your breath.
iPhones, iPads, Facebook, Instagram…. how are we supposed to manage it all and still be able to tap into our innate essence of being alive? We now have more information put before us in one day than we had in a month ten years ago. Our brains can only process so much! This way of living has catapulted us all into a robotic state of going through the motions with much of our lives. This way of living zaps us of our vitality and true connection. It has been said that we are now the most distracted group of human beings to ever inhabit the planet. At The Yoga Project, we teach and practice yoga postures as a vehicle to practice mindfulness. In a nutshell, the practice of yoga IS mindfulness. Our teachers are trained to facilitate a class that offers opportunity for you to get INTO the direct experience of your breath and body and OUT OF the busyness of your mind. We offer a heated room and challenging postures that are symbolic of the challenge of life. In the midst of challenge (and possible increased mind chatter), we help you rewire your attention back to the present moment via breath and body. This practice is life changing. We have students come back and tell us their lives have changed in profound ways. The practice of mindfulness is not only a luxury but is becoming a necessity to be AWAKE & ALIVE to the beauty that is our life.
Do You Train Yoga Teachers?
Yes! We've been training yoga teachers since 2005. This is one of our most favorite things to do! Our school is Yoga Alliance Certified and Registered and we hold both 200Hr and 300Hr (500Hr) level trainings here in the USA in Fort Worth, Tx and internationally in Costa Rica, Thailand, Bali. If you are interested in learning more go to our yoga teacher training web page here YP Teacher Trainings.